Subscribe Now While There"s Still Time!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Why Anyone But Hillary in 2008?

I started calling myself a Republican at probably the same age as Hillary Rodham decided she wanted to be the first woman President of the United States: age 13. If it wasn't for Hillary, Bill Clinton would have been a very successful real estate tycoon and still living in Arkansas.

But poor Bill was part of her plan to obtain the White House. She shoved him into politics, ignored his marital and moral failings, made him Governor of Arkansas and President of the United States.

I don't fault Bill Clinton. He seems like a real nice guy to be around....Bush 41 certainly thinks so. And Bill Clinton is very intelligent and an excellent conversationalist. I'll bet a dinner with Bill Clinton would be a lot of fun and mentally stimulating. But he didn't have the temperament or restraint for the Presidency. Not his fault. He was a tool to be used by Hillary and Hillary gets what she wants.

When his 2nd term was up, she dropped him like a hot potato, and in a stunning move that had carpet baggers around the world drooling with envy, walked into New York and became Senator. Wow. When she ran for her second term, she would not even commit to finishing it as 2008 was approaching.....and was re-elected. Her whole time in the Senate has been a craftily managed series of moves to the right, then to the left, then back to center. Every position calculated, not on the issue or what's best for America, but what was best for her 2008 Presidential run. A lot of us watched in amazement as she got away with it. We shouldn't have: remember the voters of New York.

So why is this blog called "Anyone But Hillary in 2008!"? Why not Rudy for President, or Fred for President? Why just anyone but Hillary?

I stated earlier that I had become a Republican at age 13. It was at the Republican convention in Miami that re-nominated Richard Nixon. Ronald Reagan is a personal hero of mine and will be in time remembered as one of our greatest Presidents. But we Republicans could never seem to take both the House and the Senate at the same time. Oh, if that could only happen, we could fix everything wrong in America and the world, I naively thought. And then Newt, the Contract with America, and we had achieved all I'd been waiting for........

Only to squander it in pork spending, sex scandals, poor leadership, inept management, and a current President who is more concerned with creating a permanent underclass of illegal Mexican immigrants than he is about a budget out of control. I no longer call myself a Republican. I'm not an Independent or a Libertarian either. I'm just an American who is watching his country slide into 2nd world status and feels helpless to do anything about it. According to the census bureau, Hispanics will comprise the majority racial group in the USA by 2060. The 22nd century will belong to the Chinese, the only thing keeping us relevant being the amount of nuclear weapons we possess.

But of this I am certain: Hillary Clinton is a danger to the United States, and while I'll be dead well before 2060, Hillary has the capability to destroy America in my lifetime.

I live in Texas and we have open primaries. For the first time in my life, I will vote in the Democratic Primary for whichever candidate has the best chance of beating Hillary. In the General election, if Hillary is the Democrat nominee, I will vote for whatever candidate the Republicans put up. If Hillary is not the nominee, I probably won't bother voting at all. Will it really matter who is President at that point?

And that's why I say ANYONE BUT HILLARY IN 2008! That's the ONLY thing that matters.


Technorati Tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Del.icio.us Add to del.icio.us Digg DiggIt! Reddit Reddit Stumbleupon Stumble This Google Bookmarks Add to Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web Add to Yahoo MyWeb Technorati Add to Technorati Faves Slashdot Slashdot it

0 comments:

Template Designed by Douglas Bowman - Updated to Beta by: Blogger Team
Modified for 3-Column Layout by Hoctro